The Green Schools Committee will hold a “Witch & Wizard Walk” (non-uniform day) on Friday 26th October 2018.
On this day children are invited to dress up coming to school. Weather permitting a short walk around the school grounds will take place for each class.
In keeping with our Green Schools Recycling Aims, children are encouraged to make some part of the costumes from homemade/recyclable materials and not buy them.
Some simple suggestions may include:
- Old clothes.
- Old costumes.
- Recyclable materials.
- Cardboard boxes.
Please assist and encourage your child to take part in what we hope will be an enjoyable experience for all.
Happy Halloween! …. The Green Schools Committee
Points to note
- School Fees: Thanks to all the families who have paid their school fees for stationery, arts & crafts, book rental, Insurance etc. We still have a few outstanding amounts, so we would appreciate it if you could forward it to Martina a.s.a.p. You should all have a receipt of monies paid at this stage.
- BOM Election: The election of a “mothers” representative to the Board of Management takes place this week. Please return your voting papers to the school by 3pm on Wednesday October 17th. Note: Please return your Voting Papers in the large envelope supplied. Thank you to our three nominees for letting their names go forward.
- Sports: We have a busy sporting week ahead with:
- Hurling boys U11 semi-final the boys beat Scoil Mochua Celbridge in Straffan on Tuesday 16th and are now through to the final which will take place next week.
- Cross Country in Valleymount on Wednesday 17th with 48 pupils from 1st to 6th representing the school.
- Football Two U11 Finals in Moorefield with the boy’s v Crookstown at 3.10pm and the girl’s v Crookstown at 4.00pm on Thursday 18th. Many thanks to the teachers who train the pupils during their lunch breaks and after school.
- Swimming – 5th & 6th class last swim takes place this Wednesday 17th. Swimming for 3rd & 4th class will begin for 6 weeks on Wednesday 24th October. Notes gone home with pupils this week. Supervision is always appreciated.
- School Helpers – if you are helping in the school in any capacity e.g. gardening, library, in class activities, supervision etc. please ensure you are garda vetted. Forms are available in the school lobby (NVB1). Return completed forms to the school to be processed along with your appropriate ID. You will receive an email from the vetting bureau which you have to follow up on promptly or it will expire and you will have to reapply again. Details that you furnish to the school will be kept secure and strictly confidential.
- Parent Teacher Meetings – Parent Teacher Meetings will take place on Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd November. Details to follow shortly.
- Witch Walk – we will be holding our witch walk on Friday 26th October in the school. More details on the school website.
- Confirmation will take place on Friday 5th April 2019.
- First Communion will take place on Saturday 11th May 2019.
- Appointments: If you have any concerns with regard to your child/children in school, please make an appointment with your child’s class teacher as soon as you can. It is always better to deal with any possible issues at an early stage.
- Late Arrival/Late Collections: please ensure your child/children are in the class line for 9.00am in the mornings and are collected promptly at their appropriate collection times in the evenings.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information and if you have an queries regarding the school, please contact me at 045 862145.